The family business Plantapharm was founded in 1946 in Upper Austria. It all started with the controlled cultivation of medicinal plants that were processed into coated tablets, pills or liquids. Even back then, the family set high standards for their suppliers, the raw materials they used and for themselves and the gentle and high-quality processing of pharmaceutical products. Shortly thereafter, a sales office for its special products was founded in Vienna, which later became Plantapharm’s headquarters. In the 1950s, Plantapharm founded numerous drug stores in Vienna and Upper Austria, in which both traditional cosmetics and Plantapharm products were offered.